1) Is the French International Register (RIF) a EU registry ?
Yes. The RIF is a EU registry, which guarantees to the vessels registered in it access to national European Union members states waters cabotage provided they are not solely exploited on national cabotage.
2) Which vessels can be registered in the RIF ?
3) Which vessels can not be registered in the RIF ?
4) Which are the rules applicable in regard with safety, security, and environmental protection ?
Vessels registered in the RIF are submitted to all rules regarding safety, security, and environmental protection in force as per French law, European regulations and France international commitments.
5) Whom do I have to address to to contact the RIF ?
The “ Guichet unique” (single window) of the Rif, located in Marseille :
Guichet unique du Registre International Français (RIF)
5 Place de la Joliette
Tél : 04 26 84 57 62
Fax : 04 26 84 57 65
6) What is the role of the "guichet unique" ?
The RIF Guichet Unique is the unique entry point of the ship owner/operator for any operation regarding registration and “francisation”. It receives and manages any demand regarding these procedures. It will also intervene to facilitate relations between the owner and the various administration departments any time the ship owner will need it for any operations regarding his vessel.